addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego PostgreSQL Meetup Group Message Board › Hosting for Postgres + Failover + Rails

Hosting for Postgres + Failover + Rails

Guyren G H.
gisborne
Santee, CA
Post #: 6
I need a full failover hosting solution for a Postgres/Rails app.

Any thoughts? (If only I'd been able to attend the last meeting).

There won't be a huge load at first, although we'll need room to grow. Most important is that we have to have fast, ideally geographically-distributed, failover for both the web app and the database. I can choose whatever host platform I want, so suggest away.

It occurs to me to wonder if there's a host that can give me servers already set up for Postgres failover? I'm sure I can work out how to do it, but I've not done failover before.

Also, I have to ask the boss, but he may want *three* database servers (master and two slaves).