San Diego Bulldog Meetup Message Board › Our Petunia passed away

Our Petunia passed away

A former member
Post #: 3
Our adored little Petunia came down with Lymphoma. It was very sudden and she was only very sick for a couple of weeks. Dr Judy tried everything. She had a huge tumor in her lungs area. We had to have her put down a week ago.

We are going to be looking for another English Bulldog in a few weeks. We are hoping to adopt another adult dog. It will have to like cats. If it likes dogs we will be able to attend the meet-ups.

Petunia was such a special part of our family. Actually, she was the princess. We miss her so much.
Deanne Fingerman &...
user 11739504
San Diego, CA
Post #: 18
So very sorry to hear of Petunia's passing. It's never easy to loose them and so suddenly at that... They are such a special part of our lives and will always hold a very very special place in your heart. I could not imagine what you went through, but for her sake, thankfully it was quick and she didn't have to suffer. I have no doubt that you did all you could for her.

Bless your heart for wanting to adopt an older bully...so often they get over looked due to their age. Keep your eye on the bulldog rescue...many many good dogs pass through there. Also in the shelters too. I know of a few people who have adopted from there and their lives have been forever blessed! The only draw back is you don't know how well they get along with cats or children.

Wishing you all the best in the coming months, the holiday are always hard but perhaps you will have a new little angel to create new memories with!! Petunia will never be far as her memories will always be with you, and she only wants you all to be happy again!

Best,
Deanne Fingerman
A former member
Post #: 4
Deanne
I'm so sorry we never replied to this message. At the time it was too painful and then I didn't log back on for quite awhile. Still, no good excuse!

We did adopt a new girl, Lola. She needed us and we needed her. We love her so much. (It only took a few weeks and we were looking.) Tried Bulldog Rescue, but they had a wrong address posted at the time and so they never replied. We called and called them too. We gave up on them and found her through a private party. The application was returned to us after we'd had her a month, with "No longer at this address!" We thought they must not have liked us. Oh well, just a wrong address.

Thank you for your encouraging words. They didn't go unappreciated.