addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Diego Bulldog Meetup Message Board › which pet insurance provider???

which pet insurance provider???

Nate Y.
user 21150061
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Hello fellow bulldog lovers,

My boy George is turning 5 months old next week and I have yet to find a insurance I am comfortable with. I was wondering if you all have insurance for your bullies and if so what kind/provider? Any guidance would be appreciated because the vet gave me a list of about 20...all with different coverage and pricing. I would just like to have coverage for their main hereditary illnesses and also in case if he swallows one of those socks he's always after! Any help would be appreciated, doesnt have to be a long response, just a direction :) George will be out next meetup for the first time....

thanks everyone,

Nate
Karine, Anthony an...
user 24397502
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
We have Embrace for our bulldog, so far they've been good. We haven't had anything major happen though where we have needed it, our deductible is high ($500, by choice to keep the monthly cost lower) and they've been good applying our couple of visits to the vet for various reasons to our deductible. Our monthly payment is $45 i believe and I'm pretty sure they pay for hereditary illnesses, just not preexisting. Hope that helps.
Nate Y.
user 21150061
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
awesome thanks so much! I am looking between Embrace and PetPlan insurance. Both seem to be around 45-55 monthly and cover hereditary...
Bentley
user 8588450
San Diego, CA
Post #: 8
We have had VPI insurance for the last four and half years. It covers a broad range of medical issues. We only pay $28 a month and it has paid for itself with two or three vet visits a year. $45 to $55 seems high.
Tara
user 14101689
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Trupanion!!! My bully's health has been a challenge to put it mildly, and trupanion has covered every bill without question, including 3 hospital stays for pneumonia, nose job, soft palate resection, and saccule removals to improve airway function. Every transaction is effortless with quick turnaround. Highly recommended!