Welcome to (almost) summer, everyone! We have a lot of events going on in June that I think you'll be interested in. First, please help me welcome our newest members to San Diego Creative Connection: Nagesh, Jon, Michelle, Lily, Marcy, Erin, Christine, Amanda, Melissa, Jeffrey, Glenn, Ruta, Michael, Vince, Richard, and Jim. Thanks for joining us!
June SDCC events:
- "As You Like It" at the Old Globe Theatre: The deadline to RSVP is in a just few days, Wednesday, June 6, for the show on Thursday, June 28 at 8 p.m. Our discounted ticket price is $39 (regularly $49). As of now we have 7 spots available. RSVP now for a fun San Diego Shakespeare tradition!
- Culture & Cocktail at SDMA: Mention "San Diego Creative Connection" at the box office to receive a $2 discount on admission to this event on Thursday, June 21; SDMA members are free. (Interestingly, it looks like they've changed the event theme from tapestries to the permanent collection. Perhaps alcohol and tapestries don't go well together?) :)
- Creatives Coffee Klatch: We will meet June 11 this month; June 25 is tentative, as are the other dates throughout the summer. I'm happy to report that our June 11 meeting will include a special visitor: international member Deanna Gabiga from Japan! (If you're friends with Deanna and want to see her while she's here, come to C2K, or message me and I will let you know about a group dinner event we're planning that week.)
- Greg Friedler Exhibition Opening Reception: New member Vince has started a Meetup group called San Diego Art Gallery Openings. He'll be hosting this event June 16 at White Box Contemporary downtown.
- Thanks to all of you who signed up for the Architectural Tour of the Salk Institute. We have many folks on the waiting list, so if you know you can't make it, please update your RSVP now. In the meantime, we're planning another tour on Friday, July 13. Stay tuned for that announcement coming soon!
Other events in the community:
- Art Around Adams: Tomorrow! "This free, family-friendly event will showcase an array of local artists, musicians, outrageous street performers, and interactive installations." Saturday, June 1, 2-10 p.m.
- Ray at Night: This popular monthly tradition will be Saturday, June 9. "This tiny little one way street is lined with galleries, stores and shops. It has become an Art Mecca, and is considered to be one of the most culturally rich art & culture districts in San Diego."
Take care, and have a wonderful month full of art!
Rachel M. Moore
Owner & Creativity Coach
San Diego Creative Connection
Facebook | Twitter | Meetup
“Why Not Live the Rest of Your Life in Joy?”