Seattle Area Haskell Users Group Message Board › If we need a bigger meeting space

If we need a bigger meeting space

Michael X.
michaelxavier
Edmonds, WA
Post #: 1
I've been noticing that our meetups have been reaching capacity pretty consistently now. I just wanted to offer in case anyone's interested that my company's office in Mountlake Terrace is available for meetups should we feel like we can't fit in GlobalSign anymore. I thought this might also be a good idea because it seems like we're attracting different levels of Haskellers, so it may be helpful to have breakout groups to work on real code, teaching, etc.

The office has plenty of parking and the upstairs has a big room if we wanted to do breakout sessions. It also has a media room w/ a projection screen if we want to do slides. The office is right off of I5 and there's plenty of local food options. Just thought it would be helpful since more and more members are working on real projects that they might want to work on in smaller groups.
trevor
wulftone
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
This seems to be relevant now. : ) Our last meeting was pretty full. We ran out of chairs and had to use a stool, and someone was in the hallway.
Bartosz M.
user 10727591
Siena, SI
Post #: 1
I contacted Dana Groff from Tableau Software. He might be interested in providing the venue.
eli f.
user 63974202
Group Organizer
Kirkland, WA
Post #: 4
Oh no, I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread until just now :(. Sorry Michael, I would have definitely taken you up on that offer had I seen this earlier.

I am generally dissatisfied with meetups.com as a forum for discussion. I have lifted al restrictions on our google group, so no one needs to be a member to view or post to threads there. I'll put a link to it in our meet-up description to make it more discoverable.