Announcing a new Meetup for The Vancouver Search Engine Marketing Group!
What: SEO Walk-In Clinic - 5 SEOs, 5 minutes, 10 sites.
When: Tuesday, May 18,[masked]:00 PM
Ceilis Irish Pub
670 Smithe Street, Vancouver, BC
Vancouver, BC V6B 1E3
Hello Fellow SE(O|M)s,
For the next Vancouver SEM Meetup in May we want to introduce a different type of event brought forward by VKI's SEO Consultant, Ani Lopez. Instead of having a presenter we want to spice it up with what we call Walk-in SEO clinic and goes like this:
- Meetup members will submit web sites they want to be analyzed by an SEO expert.
- 10 sites will be selected, 2 per consultant, to ensure having as different types of sites as possible and make it more interesting/funny to audience.
- Consultant will have exactly 5 minutes, no more, to point the problems and make some recommendations. Random order of sites and consultants.
- Consultants won't know the sites beforehand. Internet connection and a browser will be the only tools to diagnose the site (notepad is accepted to take notes, copy&paste if necessary), no plug-ins, no other tools.
It will be interesting for the public to see:
- Different SEOs, different approach to similar problems.
- New evaluation techniques
We're still in the process of confirming our presenters, but once we have our panel, I'll update the description!We encourage you to submit your site! Have in mind, however, that only 10 sites will be picked based the type of site and challenges. SEOs will not see the site until it's time for them to tear it down.
Thanks Ani for bringing this idea forward, it sounds like it's going to be a fun Meetup :)
(Thanks Rich Lewis's Flickr photo)
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/VancouverSEM/calendar/13290947/