addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sensational and Exceptional Networking Social Events of LA Message Board › Day Trip to Santa Barbara 9/15/12

Day Trip to Santa Barbara 9/15/12

Victor
user 7775983
Group Organizer
Redondo Beach, CA
Hi All,

We are coming up to our day trip to Santa Barbara which is a week from this coming Saturday.

Just a couple of reminders and pointers for the 11 of us that are confirmed:

1.   If you are leaving from Union Station in downtown L.A., there is public parking at Union Station.  I believe the entrance is actually on Alameda.   The cost will be $10.00.   If you want to park elsewhere, please feel free especially if it may be less expensive.  Whatever you do, please be at the station no later than 8:45A to ensure we are all on board and accounted.  I'm not sure how crowded the train cars will be, but we should get there as soon as we can so we can get seats close together.

2.  There is a few that will be leaving from the Glendale station.  Parking at the Glendale station is free.   Please see if you recognize other members when you get at the station so you guys can coordinate together.  I know at least Peggy, Tina, and Marianna will be catching the train at the Glendale station.   Email each other to introduce yourself if you don't know each other on where you guys can meet up at the Glendale station.   Let me know if there is anyone else leaving from Glendale so we won't be looking for you at Union Station L.A.

3.  Dress comfortably.  I'm not sure what the weather will be, but I suspect it will be cool in the early morning and evening hours.   The afternoon should be mild.   We will also be doing a bit of walking so wear comfortable shoes.   None of the places that I have suggested are by any means dressy.  Pretend you are on vacation and dress accordingly!

4.  If you want to bring snacks on the train, please feel free.  I don't know how much food or drink that the train will sell, but if you think you'll get hungry during the 2-1/2 hour train ride, bring something with you including water.  If you bring enough, you can even share with everyone . . .  :-)

5.  Don't forget your train ticket if it was mailed or emailed to you.  It will save you time if there is a line at the ticketing booth.

6.  Bring a reasonable amount of CASH.  I'm sure there may be opportunities that you may be able to put your spending on a credit card.  But always bring some CASH.  I'm sure we will also pass a couple of ATM's when we are walking through downtown Santa Barbara.

6.  If you get stuck for some reason or can't find us, please feel free to call my cell phone:  310.435.8813.

I look forward to seeing you all Saturday morning on Sept 15!   If you want to share anything with the group and don't know how to email from the site, send it to me and I will be sure to send an email out to all the attendees on your behalf.

Enjoy the rest of the short week and this weekend!

Victor.