SF Bay Area Golden Retriever Meetup Group Message Board › Bay Area Breeder?

Bay Area Breeder?

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi All,

I'm looking to find a pup in the Bay Area. I'm open to all types of Goldens but grew up with the red, hunting/working dogs that seem to be darker in color and smaller so this would be my preference. She doesn't have to come from a show line as long as she's healthy. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Paul Boettiger
Sydney T.
user 21515061
San Mateo, CA
Post #: 1
We got our boy from Mirabooka Kennel in Orinda. Penny Baird is the Mary Poppins of breeders-sweet, clean, and loves her dogs as family. Marcus has the perfect Golden temperament and very bright. Our boy's dad is an English Golden and mom is American. He is 61 lbs and solidly built. "Smaller" compared to some of the really large/oversize Goldens I have seen lately. He is within the AKC standard for the breed. He is a lighter color due to the influence of the English line. BTW, our boy was box trained! At 8 weeks, he would toddle off to a potty box and do his business. During those 3 months when we were protecting him from the great outdoors until his shots were complete--this alone was worth the price! I would not hesitate to get another puppy from Penny. Let me know if you have trouble finding her site and I will send you the link. If she is not having puppies soon, I would trust her referral to someone who is expecting. Good Luck! Sydney
A former member
Post #: 3
Thank you!
Kathy Q.
NGRRvolunteer
San Mateo, CA
Post #: 2
Paul
I would recommend that you contact Norcal Golden Retriever Rescue and you can adopt a lovely golden that needs a new home. We do get many field bred goldens! You can go to their website and submit an application: www.golden-rescue.org.

If you really want to purchase a puppy, I would recommend that you contact the local golden retriever breed club and they have a wonderful puppy referral program and will recommend local breeders that can provide quality litters. Go to www.norcalgrc.org and select the Puppy Referral tab. There are several litter listings available.

I would not recommend purchasing a puppy over the internet or without seeing the dam and sire on the premises and inspecting all of the health clearances. There are several California puppy brokers and 'polished' websites advertising golden puppies and they all are fronts for puppy mills.
thanks Kathy