SF Bay Area Golden Retriever Meetup Group Message Board › Passing of your organizer Shirlee Thomas

Passing of your organizer Shirlee Thomas

Doug and C.
goldenstarphoto
Group Organizer
North Highlands, CA
Post #: 18
Hello everyone,

For those of you who haven't heard.....It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of the passing of Shirlee Thomas, your organizer of the SF Bay Area Golden Retriever Meetup Group. Shirlee passed away on Tuesday August 13th after a short struggle with a very aggressive form of cancer. Shirlee was a tremendous advocate of our beloved goldens, and gave all her effort to educating the public about k9 cancer, rescue, and other health related causes that affect our golden retrievers.
There are numerous pictures and a memorial gallery for Shirlee on the Sacramento Golden Retriever Meetup Facebook page for those who wish to see it. ( http://www.facebook.c...­ ) It is my hope that someone will continue this meetup group for Shirlee, she would have wanted to see her friends and goldens continue on, running, playing, and exercising together, as one golden family. If anyone wants to contact me directly here is my email: goldenstarphoto@yahoo.com Thank you, Doug
Noreen
user 25264742
San Jose, CA
Post #: 2
Hello Doug, Thank you form letting us know about this very sad news. I didn't personally know Shirlee but we for sure have the same golden interest. I am willing to be an organizer for the meet up. Do you know how I can move forward with this?
-Noreen
Doug and C.
goldenstarphoto
Group Organizer
North Highlands, CA
Post #: 19
Hi Noreen,
I have sent an email to meetup and will pass along any information they send me. More than likely they will remove Shirlee as organizer and a mass email will go out to everyone in the group asking for volunteers to take over as organizer. Please keep in mind that there are fees for meetup groups. Shirlee paid for this meetup out of her own pocket. There are several ways to handle this including charging members a yearly due or charging for attending meetups, or fundraisers, etc.......I will let you know what I find out.
Thank you for your interest,
Doug