The Bay Area Photography & Exploration Society Message Board › Wanted: Zoom lens for Canon

Wanted: Zoom lens for Canon

Pauline D.
user 10980187
Windsor, CA
Post #: 71
I have a Canon T2i. I've had the Tamron 18-270 lens for about a year and have been very happy with it. But something happened and now the zoom is jammed. My local camera store repair guy said he's never seen this happen when it wasn't caused by some "mistreatment" which isn't covered under warranty. He looked back and each time he had something similar it cost $300 to fix. And of course, there are no guarantees it can be fixed or that that will be my price too. So I'm looking at options. Does anyone have this lens or a similar one you want to sell? Or maybe do you know someone who fixes cameras/lenses on the side and runs cheaper than sending it in? I'm open to suggestion. Thanks, Pauline (in the North Bay Area)
Raghavendra L.
user 26375452
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
Hi pauline:
If you purchased the Tamron Lens with your Credit Card, you can check with your CreditCard Company over "Extended Warranty Protection". I am guessing that it has been just a little over a year since you've bought it.

Currently American Express and Visa Signature Cards provide this Extended Warranty protection.

I was able to have the original Lens warranty extended by another year with this feature.

Basically, the credit card company pays for the repairs during this period (or) if they cannot fix it, they will reimburse you the value of the lens.
You have to provide them the documentation and proof of purchase using their card though.

I personally have had a laptop replaced by doing nothing but just availing this facility.

Regards,
Raghav