We've got a great workshop for you this month, Financial Planning for Business Owners
. Yes, this is that boring but super-important stuff you need to know to make your business financially stable and protected from risk.
Our speaker is a financial advisor and a serial entrepreneur. She will cover:
- Business Insurance
- Tax Planning for the Self-Employed
- Incorporating a Sole Proprietorship
- Advantages of 401k plan for individual business owners
- Can I get disability insurance if I'm self-employed?Speaker:
Jadine Wong of Waddell and Reed is a Financial Advisor. She has been working in the financial industry for the past 8 years and started five different companies. She has managed individual portfolios along with creating retirement plans for small businesses.Light refreshments will be served.When:
Tuesday, Aug. 25 at 6:30 p.m.Where:
Sandbox Suites,[masked]th St., San FranciscoTickets:
$10 online and $15 at the door; free for Sandbox membersRSVP: Financial Planning for Business Own?OPEN Forum
I also wanted to invite you to check out www.openforum.com, the new community for business owners created by our sponsor, American Express OPEN for Business. Here is more info:
I'm excited to share a new way American Express OPEN is delivering on its commitment to helping business owners grow and be resilient in this economy -- The new OPEN Forum? -- an online community exclusively for business owners, filled with insights and tools to help them inform, promote and grow their businesses. Join fellow M3ers like Sarah Endline of sweetriot, Robin Wilson of Robin Wilson Home and Kris Wittenberg of SayNoMore! Promotions, who are already enjoying the new OPEN Forum. Visit: www.twitter.com/openforum
Specific highlights of the new site include:
* The Idea Hub: a trading post of insights between business owners and expert bloggers like Guy Kawasaki, Anita Campbell and others, through exclusive articles, videos and discussions
* The Connectodex(SM): a virtual rolodex of Business Cardmembers that intelligently recommends businesses to each other based on mutual needs and interests
* Business Profiles: the online business cards of OPEN Forum Members that help get them exposure and get their business known
* www.twitter.com/openforum: you can now follow OPEN Forum content on Twitter.
If you are an American Express Business Cardmember, simply log on using your American Express online user name and password to take advantage of the Connectodex and other features of the site.
If you are not a Cardmember, you can still enjoy the resources and information OPEN Forum has to offer.