Bay Area Coworking Connections Message Board › Next week: Network Effortlessly in Berkeley
|A former member||
Last night's How to Create Brand Names with Buzz was a great event! If you missed it, I highly recommend checking out the video - to be posted soon - on our Facebook page.
We will be announcing our next San Francisco event soon. Meanwhile, please join us for:
What: Network Effortlessly and Get Clients
When: Tuesday, Mar. 29, 6:30
Where: Sandbox Berkeley, 1900 Addison St. #200, Berkeley
Tickets: $10 online; $15 at the door
Personal contacts are the best way to get business, yet most entrepreneurs feel uncomfortable networking and apply techniques that may feel forced. Jonathan Bender, the founder of WholeSpeak, will teach practical skills to help you walk into any networking event and be relaxed, comfortable, and attract new clients:
- Learn how to craft a simple, uncontrived elevator pitch that makes people want to know more about your services
- Discover key elements of nonverbal communication that convey greater charisma and presence
- Connect and engage with others effectively at networking events and other social situations
- Overcome nervousness and discomfort, whether networking or giving a presentation
- Present yourself authentically - and attract people to you as a result
Jonathan Bender, MS, MFA founded WholeSpeak to help entrepreneurs, executives, actors and politicians quickly transform their skills through a whole-person approach to communication, public speaking and "everyday performance." Jonathan holds a MS in Speech Communication and Performance Studies and MFA in Contemporary Performance. He is also Artistic Director of The Illuminated Theater and writes daily tips on self-improvement at The Inspiration Blog.
RSVP on http://effortlessly.eventbrite.com/.
|A former member||
I'm confused as to why this event does not show up in the calendar. Is this an "official" meetup event?