addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

SF Growth Hackers Message Board › Visiting entrepreneur from Ann Arbor is looking for advice from experienced

Visiting entrepreneur from Ann Arbor is looking for advice from experienced growth hackers

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

My name is Omeid, and I'm a first-time entrepreneur visiting from Ann Arbor, Michigan. I will be in San Francisco until October 7th and am looking to learn as much as possible while I'm here. Specifically, I'm looking for people that can give me advice on user acquisition through growth hacking tactics. Would be glad to buy any of you coffee, beer, lunch or dinner in exchange for advice.

My startup is called myfab5 and is simplifying the way people find and recommend the best local businesses. On myfab5.com users rank up to 5 of their favorite places in any food/drink related category. So you can rank your favorite places for pizza, thing crust pizza, calzones or Italian food in San Francisco. If a category doesn't exist, you can create it. This makes sharing opinions extremely fast and intuitive. Furthermore, if you search for something like Pizza in Ann Arbor, myfab5 will show you the most popular places for Pizza and show the other categories each business is popular for. This is very different from using Yelp and seeing a 4 star rating for the first 10 restaurants.

Anyways, I'm new to this startup thing and quit my consulting job a year ago to start myfab5. My co-founder also quit his job and is working on myfab5 full-time. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Omeid Seirafi-Pour
www.myfab5.com
Go Blue!