Jul 11, 2012 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
This event is being co-hosted by Damian Madray of Hunie.co and The Glint and Nick Frost of Design Startups.
You must RSVP to the event by requesting an invitation at Hunie.co/designstartups.
*Even if you RSVP via this Meetup Group, you have to "Request Invite" via the link above to attend. You must have a ticket from Eventbrite to be on the official list. (2-step process)
Designers be sent a code for free admission with your Eventbrite invite.
As we know, design is highly demanded by startups and larger companies. Design has become the biggest differentiator among the slew of companies that are being created. However, do we as designers truly understand why design is important? Do startups even know why? These are a couple of the questions we'll discuss with some of the most gifted designers in the startup eco-system.
Designers & Startups featured several amazing designers who are working at a startup or have founded their own. The panel includes:
- Ryan Ford, previously at deviantART as creative director, now at PivotShare as lead designer.
- Danny Trinh whose work is legendary in the valley as the product designer at Path.
- Sebastian De With is an icon. Ironically, one of the best icon designers. He previously worked at Apple, HP and Mozilla.
- Jason Culbertson is an entrepreneur, strategist and creative director at Yammer.
- Victor Mathieux is co-founder at Everest and fittingly, they're both rising stars in the design and startup world.
- Garrett Gee is a designer and founder of Scan, a venture funded startup.
These designers will be on a panel together, open to questions from fellow designers in the community moderated by Nick Frost.
Damian Madray, founder of Hunie.co and TheGlint, is co-hosting this event.
You must request an invite to RSVP. Request invite here:http://hunie.co/designstartup.
Tickets for Startups can be obtained on Eventbrite:
*Recruiters not welcome.
This is an educational event, not for recruiting designers.