addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SF Mobile App Developers iPhone Android Message Board › Panel debating native language app dev vs cross-platofrm dev frameworks

Panel debating native language app dev vs cross-platofrm dev frameworks

A former member
Post #: 5
We at the Wireless Communications Alliance are running a blue-ribbon panel discussion at Rhomobile on May 10 on the future of native language app dev given the advent of cross-platform dev frameworks like Rhodes, Titanium, and PhoneGap. It's a public meeting that features Sarah Allen as moderator and the CEO's from Rhomobile, Appcelerator, Nitobi, and Appmakr, and it's one that you as a developer can't miss. Register for $10 at www.wca.org. BTW, we're looking for an executive who can represent native language app dev on the panel.
A former member
Post #: 1
I plan to be there. I would love to be part of the panel but my native language is a mix of C with a french accent.

I have a lot of experience developing using native language and I am starting to move into cross-platform dev for reasons too long to explain here. But I believe Native language will still be dominant because 80% of cross-platform dev projects will fail even considering that some great companies are creating great cross-platform dev tools.

Philippe Furlan
Chief App Imagineer