SF Pet Chicken Meetup Group Message Board › URGENT:Rescue hens in Bakersfield CA

URGENT:Rescue hens in Bakersfield CA

jacie
user 64927962
Auburn, CA
Post #: 12
I am the adoption coordinator with Animal Place in Grass Valley and Vacaville CA

I have some very important news, and if you love chickens, maybe you can help!

We are trying to rescue hens that are from a battery cage farm, if you don't know what that is, please look it up.

There is a farm that operates over 600,000 egg laying hens (white leghorns) in battery cages in Bakersfield CA that will be depopulating about 50,000 at the end of the month, meaning they will all be literally thrown away and gassed. The farmer told me himself this is the way he depopulates.

We are trying to rescue as many as we can, we have other shelters and sanctuaries on board. But what I need help with is anyone who might be able to take some. Money is not an issue right now, we will do whatever it takes to get these hens out alive and hopefully mark one of the largest rescues in the United States of America history!

What I was hoping you could help with is sending out some kind of alert or message to anyone you can think of this might be receptive to. If not, just let me know!

The farmer would like to see some of the hens get a better life, since they deserve it after all they have been through. I know you wouldn't want to put your hens in situations like that!

Thank you for your time in advance and any help. The rescue would happen the week of July 29th, so I need to know as soon as possible. Sorry for any short notice, but I just found out yesterday that we might be able to help. If you can adopt anymore hens, PLEASE do so, anything literally helps right now!