align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

SF Pet Chicken Meetup Group Message Board › Where to buy supplies?

Where to buy supplies?

Mary
user 9163133
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
I've been to Half Moon Bay for chicken supplies. Anyone know any closer places to pick up pellets, grit, scratch, wood chips, etc.????

Thanks!

Mary
A former member
Post #: 1
I live in Oakland, and I use Mike's Feed and Pets in San Leandro. I'm just getting set up and the guy who helped me, NATE, was very nice and patient and did not make me feel like an idiot for asking dumb questions. I will definitely be returning. They carry all the things you mentioned and they have organic feed, too.

www.yelp.com/biz/mikes-feed-and-pets-s­an-leandro

Good luck - Kathy

Mary
user 9163133
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 4
Thanks, Kathy!
Courtney
user 9026668
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
I've been bought supplies at Novato Horse & Pet Supply‎. I'm in SF but go to Marin more often than I'm in the East Bay. They're at 7546 Redwood Blvd, Novato, CA‎ - (415) 892-1030‎
Mary
user 9163133
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 5
Thanks. I'm actually in Novato almost everyweekend, so that would work. This weekend I found a place in SF totally by accident. Bernal Beast on Cortland St. is now carrying chicken starter, crumble, pellets, grit and oyster shell. I'm not sure what else.
Courtney
user 9026668
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Thanks! That's good to know. I'll have to check them out after the Alemany farmers market on Saturday.
A former member
i think there's a place in Redwood City, but I haven't been there. I've only been to HMB.
Harold C.
HaroldC
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
I've been going to Western Farm in Santa Rosa for years.
Just adding my two cents worth.
A former member
Alpha Pet Supply and the Wild Birds Nest in Albany carries organic and non-organic chicken feed, grit and oyster shell. I live in Richmond so their location is great for me .store# is (510) 525-7361
Kate S.
user 9459976
San Francisco, CA
Bernal Beast on Cortland Avenue in Bernal Heights stocks everything you need for chickens and can order whatever is not on the shelves -- they are very excited about getting involved in the SF chicken community. They would love to sponsor some get-togethers or lectures if there is interest too.