SF Pet Chicken Meetup Group Message Board › Who's selling pullets?

Who's selling pullets?

A former member
Post #: 2
I spent most of yesterday calling feed stores - Half Moon Bay, Petaluma, Cotati, the Chicken Lady and on and on. Nobody has pullets, just chicks. Do any of you out there know where I can buy some pullets or layers? Looking for Ameraucanas and standard breeds with docile temperaments. Thanks.
Kathy
Mary
user 9163133
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 6
Google Ranch Hag Hens. She has a list of what she has and I think I saw pullets. You can also email her because things change. Her name is Dawn and she's located in Petaluma. I got my chicks there, but was on the website yesterday and I think I saw pullets....gee, I should've looked beofre posting. Think I'll check now.
Mary
user 9163133
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 7
I just checked...5 week Ameracauna's, 6 week old Buff Orpington and some that are ready to lay. Don't know if they're what you're looking for, though. I'd give her a call or email. Today she's in the City, but is really good about getting back to you. Good luck!
swimmy44
user 8840526
Oakland, CA
Post #: 1
you club members should get together and order from a national company like Ideal or Murray McMurray and then split the order -much more cost effective.
A former member
Post #: 3
I wanted to avoid the chicks under the heat lamp stage, and I think places like McMurray's only ships chicks. Also, Mary, thanks for the info - I had checked Ranch Hag, but they didn't have any pullets or layers of the right breed. Unless another source comes up, my plan is to check back with Ranch hag after Easter.
Kathy
Rose L.
user 9479949
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Hello, all,

I am new and live in Sunnyvale.
What's the difference between chicks and pullets? Is it because chicks are too young so it's difficult to tell whether they are female or male but pullets is older and not a question?

Thanks.

Rose