addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Deborah W.
Henpeckedhoney
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Hi everyone,

I am new to chickens. My father and I built a chicken coop and in October I purchased 9 girls from Half Moon Bay Feed (they get their chickens from the Belt Hatchery in Fresno). Everyone is doing well except for the two that were taken by a coyote. I miss them. So I decided to get three new girls which I did from Joan the Chicken lady in Cotati.. They were about 4 - 8 weeks old. I have had them in a temporary coop in the garage for about one month, I wanted to make sure they were healthy before introducing them to my flock. Well now I am very concerned, Farah the Salmon Favarelle is sneezing. Mostly when she eats but when I hold here and she get excited she sounds congested. Everyone else seems fine. Joan told me to give them gallimyicin and feed them high protein. Any suggestions?

Deborah
Mary
user 9163133
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 14
How long have you been giving gallimyicin? When she sneezes does anything come out her nose? Is her breathing OK? It could be an upper respritory infection. You might also want to check on Backyard Chickens in their disease section. Lots of people seem to have experience there.

Hope the gallimyicin starts to help! Let us know.

Mary
Deborah W.
Henpeckedhoney
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 4
Hi Mary,

I haven't started yet, it should arrive today by mail. I have felt moisture where she has sneezed not everytime. She seems to be breathing fine when she is in the cage but if she get excited there is a gurgle sound. I will check on Barkyard Chickens today.

I will update as it progresses...

Deborah
Heidi K.
user 10433800
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hi Deborah,

I was curious to find out what happened with your sneezing chickens. I bought 7 chicks from the same lady in Cotati around the same time you did. 3 of them developed a sneezing thing that later turned into messed up eyes and paralysis. They all died. The other 4 are fine and doing well. Just wondering what happened with yours and if it was the same illness that my chooks suffered from.

Heidi