addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SF Pet Chicken Meetup Group Message Board › ADOPTED & WENT TO RESCUE: 4 new hens (layers!) for adoption at SF shelter!

ADOPTED & WENT TO RESCUE: 4 new hens (layers!) for adoption at SF shelter!

A former member
Post #: 8
Lola will be quick to give you eggs. She laid 3 pretty brown ones for me during her 4-day visit at our house. I am SOO happy to hear she's found a great new home. She is as sweet as anything. Thanks for adopting!! BTW - the Bird Hospital on Taravel and 31st is a great place to go to get the birds checked. They take the vet vouchers that the Animal Care and Control give and they specialize in birds.
Allison
Mary
user 9163133
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 24
I agree. The bird hospital is terrific. My first 3 chicks had Mareks (from the breeder) and I had no idea what was going on. They were very helpful, straightforward and sympathetic. They even remembered my chicken's name...Calliope. Now THAT's paying attention! :)

Glad to hear Lola got a great home, too. She sounds wonderful.