SF Pet Chicken Meetup Group Message Board › Chickens in the City workshop this Sunday

Chickens in the City workshop this Sunday

Thomas L.
ThomasLaursen
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Garden for the Environment is hosting a Chickens in the City workshop this Sunday, February 21 from Noon - 2pm. The workshop is being held at Other Avenues Food Co-op located at approximately 44th Ave. & Judah St. in the Sunset district. RSVP's are required (RSVP to Other Avenues, not Garden for the Environment). Apparently all participants will receive a coupon for a free chick from Half Moon Bay Feed & Fuel. Sounds like a fun and informative afternoon and perhaps a nice place for members to meet.
matt
user 10986552
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
I'm there! Hope to see everyone there!
A former member
Post #: 1
I hope to be there.
Is Other Avenues a source of organic chicken feed?

Kevin
A former member
Post #: 3
I just tried to RSVP and the woman working says they are full...but to come anyways..
A former member
Post #: 9
Thanks for the tip, this was an excellent workshop, well-attended (30?) in the crowded back room of the grocery store. The facilitators were extremely knowledgeable, they brought a couple of their own chickens, they were very encouraging and realistic about raising chickens, and they answered all of our rookie questions. Thanks to the gentleman that originally posted about this.