align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

SF Scala Message Board › Which companies that use Scala would you like to have present?

Which companies that use Scala would you like to have present?

Mike S.
mslinn
Half Moon Bay, CA
Post #: 13
Some companies' usage of Scala is well known, for example Twitter and LinkedIn. Other companies' usage of Scala may not be as well-known, but might be interesting to our members. Please suggest companies and any details about their usage of Scala that you may be aware of. Please don't provide contact information in this discussion out of respect for the privacy of those individuals.
Dennis H.
user 13995869
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
How about FourSquare? AFAIK they use Scala heavily, incl. Lift.
Mike S.
mslinn
Half Moon Bay, CA
Post #: 15
FourSquare would be excellent. If anyone reading this knows someone at FourSquare who might be interested in giving a talk, please have them contact me (mslinn _at_ micronauticsresearch.com) or they could reply to this discussion.
Rob M.
user 11129575
Las Vegas, NV
I know this is an older thread, but wanted to chime in. We have been using Scala and Lift extensively at Originate on a large social networking platform...www.bestofallworlds.com (still not live to the public, but will be very cool when we release in a couple months).

I' sure we could get one of the guys to give a talk if anyone is still interested in guest speakers. We'd also love to invite anyone interested in being a guest speaker for our weekly internal TechTalks on Wednesday's.

Cheers!

Rob Mallery
Originate
213-440-4700
Vlad P.
vpatryshev
San Francisco, CA
Оh, chiming in.

Sure, w write most of our stuff in Scala, here at ionGrid.