SF Scala Message Board › Silicon Valley Scala Symposium Update
San Francisco, CA
I've just heard from Yuvi Masory that due to personal circumstances he is unable to lead the setup of the Scala Symposium. We'd let Yuvi setup and drive SVSS based on his Scalathon experience under the SF Scala name, and it was a good idea. Change, however, is a part of life.
I think the idea is long overdue and SF Scala will pick up the reins. The existing registrations are in force and will be the first reserved seats or may be refunded in full. We may need to move the date, depending on how fast and how many talks we can confirm. If we do move the date and it does not work for any of the existing registrations, they will be refunded in full. Your help would be greatly appreciated along the following points.
(1) If you can give a talk, please send us a proposal. If you know a Scala guru who can give a talk, ask him (or her)!
(2) Does August 2nd work for you, or would you rather attend an SVSS in September or October?
(3) Would you rather do one day, or two day conference?
(4) Do you want to vote on talks, or a preset agenda will be fine?
(5) Whom do you want to see in the organizing committee?
(6) What format of the symposium do you like -- traditional conference, unconference, hackathons/workshops, other?
(7) Any other suggestions for the symposium!