I am contacting you to inform you of a big opportunity to win recognition, cash and prizes, and a chance to get your script into industry heavy-hitters hands: The Nashville Film Festival Screenwriting Competition.
The Nashville Film Festival, now in its 45th year, has opened a state-of-the-art Screenwriting Competition, which is unique from other screenwriting competitions in that winning scripts will have the opportunity to be read by top industry heavy-hitters.
So far, signed on to read winning scripts are:
* Tom Pollock, former Chair of Universal Pictures, Vice Chair and Executive VP of MCA, and co-founder of The Montecito Picture Company, who has influenced the development of films from Schindler's List to Jurassic Park to Up In The Air
* Blossom Films, Nicole Kidman's production company - Rabbit Hole
* Laray Mayfield, noted casting director - House of Cards, Benjamin Button, Fight Club
* Harmony Korine, revered indie filmmaker - Spring Breakers
* Rich Peluso, Senior Vice President of AFFIRM Films, the Faith/Family and Inspirational Label of Sony Picture Entertainment - Soul Surfer, Courageous
Also, we are offering over $55,000 in cash and prizes, including passes to our festival for semi-finalists and finalists, where industry players and indie and professional film-makers from all over mingle. In the past, Festival guests have included William Shatner, Nicole Kidman, William H. Macy, Claire Bowen, and many more. We expect a crowd of 100,000+ this year.
We have eleven distinct categories for both feature and short screenplays, giving more and more entrants chances to win, including a special category for Young Screenwriters (19 and under). We also have categories for TV Drama and TV Comedy Pilots, as well as a category for Tennessee-born or currently residing screenwriters. Cash prizes for winners in our categories range from $250 - $1000, depending on the category.
You've got the talent. We've got the connections.
Entry Fees & Deadlines:
10/15 – Earlybird Deadline - $25 per category you enter a script in.
11/30 – Regular Deadline - $35 per category you enter a script in.
1/31 – Late Deadline - $45 per category you enter a script in.
4/17-26 – The 45th Annual Nashville Film Festival, Presented by Nissan, Where Winners Will Be Announced at our Awards Ceremony at the Festival.
I look forward to receiving your entries and seeing you all at the Festival!
To find out more and submit:
Email me with any questions at [masked].