Aug 13, 2014 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
SF SCREENWRITERS BIMONTHLY MEETUP
Come to our regularly scheduled meeting to receive feedback on your script and to share feedback with other group members. Here’s how we do it:
1. Bring up to ten (10) pages of your screenplay. If you don’t have a script, come anyway!
2. Make enough copies for every reading part, plus a few extras.
3. It helps to write the name of the character you want the person to read on each copy and to highlight that character’s name each time they speak.
4. When giving feedback, say what you like about the script, then give constructive feedback in a respectful way, then elaborate on what you like about the script. It’s a happy feedback sandwich!
5. Be ridiculously nice to the Borderlands staff. They’re awesome for letting us hold our meetings there.
We have our regular scene-reading meetups on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month. On the first Wednesday of each month, we select one member’s full script to read and we provide feedback on the whole thing. If you want us to read your full script, please send me a note by clicking the Contact button.
Our meeting is at Borderlands Cafe, 870 Valencia St. (between 19th and 20th streets), in San Francisco’s Mission District. The location is easily accessible via BART (Mission & 16th or 24th Street), MUNI 14 or 49 bus or the J-Church.
We encourage, but do not require members to buy drinks and/or food from Borderlands – especially the coconut chocolate chip cookies, ‘cause damn! We do ask everyone to stuff $1-$5 in the tip jar at every meeting because karma totally works.
If you have any questions, contact me any time.