San Francisco Screenwriting Group Message Board › IMPORTANT: CHANGES TO THE MEETING SCHEDULE

IMPORTANT: CHANGES TO THE MEETING SCHEDULE

Howard G.
user 6772237
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 38
Fellow San Francisco / Bay Area Screenwriters.

I have decided to scale back the meeting schedule to two times a month. I will continue to host every other Wednesday at BORDERLANDS, the second and fourth Wednesday of every month. I have hosted and attended (almost) every SF Screenwriting meeting for the past three years, but I want to keep things going and return our group to the levels of interest and participation we have enjoyed in the past. It's been a pleasure to encourage new writers and provide an active forum, creative space and group of friends, many of whom have come together on a plethora of exciting creative projects. Thank you all for participating and continuing to support the group. I believe that we remain one of the longest running and most active meetups in the Bay Area.

I encourage any fellow members to host additional meetings on those alternating weeks, or any other event that relates or would be of interest to this group. If you've attended at least one screenwriting meeting and are willing to host some events, I will make you a co-organizer and you will be able to schedule events on the meetup page.

A final note: Our next meeting is tomorrow, Wed the 12th at Borderlands. I will unfortunately miss this one, but would appreciate if someone who is going can act as host, arrive early-ish, oversee setup of our usual space and moderate the readings and discussion as much as possible. The next meeting is currently scheduled on December 26th, the day after what at least a few of us are rumored to celebrate some sort of holiday. I'll make the call based on interest - and Borderland's schedule. I might be able to change this one to a week before or after depending on demand.

Please feel free to send your thoughts and input. The goal here is to revitalize the group and return to the days of at least 12-20 serious writers per meeting.

Cheers,

Howard