addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Francisco Screenwriting Group Message Board › Short screenplay

Short screenplay

Leo M.
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 15
During the last session of SF Screenwriters I jumped on a fellow script writer and talented colleague for using 3 of his oh-so-limited number pages on nothing artistic, nothing conflictive, and nothing, in my view, that drove the short script forward. Now, days later, I still can't shake the feeling. Hoping to find closure, here is my bottom-line on the matter: as a rule of thumb, short films must contain elements of surprise or humor on every page to be successful because there is no time to develop characters or plot. I am a screenwriter who has studied the art form and won a cherished first place for a short script called "A Lovely Adult Beverage".