Are you interested in opera and want to know more about the work behind the scenes of the 90th Season of the SF Opera House. Please join me on Saturday, November 10 from 10:30am to 2:30pm for a free Community Open House. One catch you need to register. Here's the link..
There's a screening of "Carmen" the movie from 11:35am to 1:00pm. For those who want to.. For those who want to join me, we can have breakfast earlier ..As we get closer to the event, the name of the restaurant will be revealed. Breakfast is optional.
Your attendance will lead us to our next event.. "A Night at the Opera"..
For those who needs a ride from the North Bay.. lets carpool.. In consideration of others, please make sure you share by helping pay the driver for gas and bridge toll..
I will be in front of War Memorial on the day of the event. I will be wearing a violet scarf.
Note: this is a limited attendance RSVP event, so only RSVP if you intend to show up.
No-shows will be removed from the group on this event.
About the event:
90th Season of the SF Opera Comminity Open House
Saturday, November 10, 10:30am–2:30pm
War Memorial Opera House
301 Van Ness Avenue
Celebrate our 90th Season with us at our free Community Open House! Onstage technical and musical demonstrations throughout the day will showcase aspects of the Company's fall season productions of Puccini's Tosca and Wagner's Lohengrin.
- Technical demonstrations at 11am, 12:30pm and 2pm will highlight set-building, lighting, and other technical elements of opera productions.
- Musical presentations at 11:35am and 1:05pm will feature music from Tosca and Lohengrin with San Francisco Opera Music Director Nicola Luisotti, the San Francisco Opera Orchestra and Chorus, soprano Melody Moore, and tenor Brian Jagde—who stars in the role of Mario Cavaradossi in Tosca.
- Family activities in the War Memorial Opera House lobbies will take place throughout the afternoon, including prop-making, a scavenger hunt and costume displays.
- Two screenings of Carmen for Families—The Movie! with a live introduction will take place at 11am and 1:05pm.
- At the Open House, attendees can enter to win an exclusive same-day backstage tour.
The Community Open House also provides an opportunity to explore the historic War Memorial Opera House, which opened 80 years ago on October 15, 1932, with a performance of Puccini's Tosca.