South Florida WordPress Meetup Group Message Board › which google analytics plugin

which google analytics plugin

Mark O.
user 56046662
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 1
Hey everybody!

I want to know if anyone has any experience with Google Analytics plugins. I would like to install my google analytics account onto my wordpress site.

I am on WP 3.4.1 (Strawberry Gingerbread, I think...), I have installed the Facebook plugin 1.0.2 (Kiwi Lemon Drop...) and that's about it.

Thanks!

Mark Owen
Cloud Business Florida
Steven A.
user 14147991
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 2
There are quite a few plugins for this, however our "best practice" is to attempt to minimize the number of plugins installed on a site. As plugins can grow very quickly and add to bloat and conflicts on your site, if something can be accomplished just as easy with a little code, rather than installing a plugin, it can be better to go for the coded route.
Google Analytics is one of those scenarios.
Just add your GA code snippet to your footer.php template file right before the </body> tag.
Here is an easy tutorial: http://wpmu.org/add-g...­

If you are using a premium theme on your site, you may want to see if they have an option to add the code into the theme settings. This way you are not adding another plugin and you don't even have to edit any template files. As always, make sure you are using a quality theme from a reputable developer or company.
Mark O.
user 56046662
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 2
[Thanks for that tip. I would much prefer a programmatic solution but I didn't know the best place to put the code.]
Jean Jeazy F.
jfelient
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 1
Hi Mark!

If your looking for a plugin I know of a free one that works just great and easy to setup.

Google Analyticator - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-analyticator/­

Note, you will have to be log-in to your Google Analytic account to give the plugin permissions during setup.

Good Luck!