SFBay Apache Lucene/Solr Meetup Message Board › UI Lead at LucidWorks
Company: LucidWorks - www.lucidworks.com Location: 625 Mission St, San Francisco, CA
LucidWorks is the trusted name in Search, Discovery and Analytics, delivering the only enterprise-grade embedded search development solution built on the power of the Apache Lucene/Solr open source search project. Founded in 2008, the company initially provided support, consulting services, documentation and training for the Apache Lucene/Solr open source search project.
Within a few years, our team realized the need to add value to the open source search platform by developing an extensive layer of services which made Lucene/Solr secure and easier to use and manage. We shipped the first version of our flagship product, LucidWorks Search, in 2011, followed by LucidWorks Big Data on May 07, of 2012.
LucidWorks remains committed to giving back to the Apache Lucene/Solr community. Out of the 37 Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, 9 individuals work for LucidWorks, making us the largest supporter of open source search in the industry.
At LucidWorks we are committed to combining the power of Lucene/Solr with thoughtful features and innovative capabilities. The LucidWorks platform is powering the next generation of search and data driven applications and we need your help to take it to the next level. There has been an increasing number of data consumers throughout organizations and the demand for access to the tools and technologies that enable them is at an all time high. In order to meet this demand it is crucial that we craft a user experience that services the needs of these consumers. Since search is part of everything now it is critical that we are able to rapidly provision apps that meet the specific requirements of search and analytics users in different verticals. We need a technical lead to help design and build-out our app platform to run on top of the LucidWorks services layer. You will lead the development and architectural design of the app container, which will host a variety of web apps to service different personas and verticals. You will also lead the team in creating the initial set of apps for our core markets.
This is a big job and we know that you're going to need help. You'll collaborate with our current open source and commercial teams as well as participate in building out an UI engineering team.
So a few of the specific things you'll work on in this role:
* Work with customers, product management and operations to generate
requirements, scope feature implementations and design the build out of this product.
* Resolve technical production issues.
* Create and implement engineering best practices.
* Did we mention actively participate in architecting Lucid Works technology? It's one of the key elements of the role so we're just gonna keep saying it.
* Participate in the overall architecture/design and development of Lucid Works products... see what we did there... kinda said it again ;)
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* 5+ years of architect-level technical experience in enterprise-class software design & development.
* 5+ years of experience in Web UI Applications written in Java & Ruby and running on Linux or Windows.
* Experience with large scale distributed applications.
* Heavy UI awareness and experience, it's important to us that you care about the end user of the product.
* Full stack experience.
* BS or higher in a science, applied mathematics, computer science or engineering.
Bonus Points For:
* Experience with Oath.
* Experience with search such as Solr/Lucene.
* Experience developing UIs for Big data platforms such as Hadoop/MongoDB/Cassandra.
* Experience with mobile.
* Experience leading local and remote teams.
* Experience with High availability, scalability and performance optimization.
What We Can Offer:
All of the usual important things like a competitive salary, benefits, and equity.
More than that, though, this role is a unique opportunity to contribute to the open source community in a big way. And of course, you'll make a huge impact on the direction and growth of our company. :)
How To Apply:
* Email email@example.com
* All applications are kept strictly confidential. * To apply, click here.