addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

SF Bay Area Large Format Photography Group Message Board › Walker Evans American Photographs July 19, 2013–January 26, 2014

Walker Evans American Photographs July 19, 2013–January 26, 2014

Tomas
user 4048518
Fremont, CA
Post #: 20
Anyone for a bit of EPIC photographic history?

"Walker Evans American Photographs
" celebrates the 75th anniversary of the first one-person photography exhibition at MoMA, and the accompanying landmark publication that established the potential of the photographer’s book as an indivisible work of art. Evans created a collective portrait of the Eastern United States through these projects during a decade of profound transformation.

The exhibition is organized by Sarah Hermanson Meister, Curator, with Drew Sawyer, Beaumont and Nancy Newhall Curatorial Fellow, Department of Photography.

MoMA
Mark
user 2818249
San Jose, CA
Post #: 12
Is this the same set of images that were shown in the Cantor Arts Center at Stanford this spring? - If so, it was a great exhibition!

David O.
user 12108735
Lafayette, CA
Post #: 45
hi
where is it going to be shown? SF moma is closed for renovations so they are showing exhibits in different locations.
thanks!
-david
Tomas
user 4048518
Fremont, CA
Post #: 21
WOw, I didnt know that. It appeared from the moma site that it was hosted on premises. I will give a call tomorrow morning and check it out and let you know.

Thomas
Mark
user 2818249
San Jose, CA
Post #: 13
I think that the show is at the MoMa in New York - field trip? - I was wondering if this was the same set of photos that had been in the bay area recently.