Hello, I have a new pad and I would like to start hosting games! I know a lot of great people from this meetup already, and I'd love to meet some more.
At least for this first game, I will serve as your host, as your dealer, as your cashier...and if the game gets short, a player as well.
The game is a residential game with no rake. Minimum buy-in is $100. The max is $300. You can re-buy at any time, as often as you want, but can only buy in or top up to have a max of $300 in front of you.
Parking and transportation:
Parking can get a little dicey here, you can probably find something at least a few blocks away. It's highly recommended to arrive by bus, taxi or carpool if possible. Here are some Muni bus lines that get you here:
#44 O'Shannessey (< 1 block from my house) - Silver Ave and Merrill St. stop.
#9/#9L San Bruno/San Bruno Express (~ 3 blocks from my house) - Silver Ave and San Bruno stop.
#8X Bayshore Express (~ 3 blocks from my house) - Silver Ave and San Bruno stop.
This is a pretty good neighborhood with some very convenient restaurants to eat just a few blocks away (many close at 8PM however). There's also a very convenient store for drinks and snacks, Fresh and Easy, about a block away.
This is also a fairly quiet neighboorhood. Please don't draw too much attention to this house and respect other people's peace and quiet when outside the house.
(1) Seats are given on a first come first served basis. The earlier you come, the better chance you will get an immediate seat. I will arrive at Fresh and Easy at 7:15PM to start taking names. A waiting list will be created after all seats are taken. At 7:30PM we will walk to my house and get the game started.
(2) I will put out a list of 14 people. However, it does not matter when you sign up, seats will be given on a first come first served basis. After all the seats are assigned (9 players plus me as the dealer), remaining people may choose to go on a waiting list. Be respectful of others: remove your name on the list if you cannot make it. Give at least 24 hours of notice.
(3) At 7:30PM I will update via Meetup comments the number of people playing and the number of people on the waiting list.
(4) Cash out periods - 5 minute breaks will be taken every hour on the hour (8PM, 9PM, 10PM etc.) These breaks are designated for people to cash out if they wish. This will be the only times you will be allowed to cash out (except at the end of the game). Obviously, if you bust out, you are not required to stay.
(5) It is possible spots may open up during the night. I will have a phone number set up (see above for number) so people may inquire about the game on the day of. I will also update via Meetup comments during the cash out periods (described above).
(1) You need to be 21 to Play. Please bring your driver's license. You will not be allowed to play without your photo ID.
(2) If I am the exclusive dealer, the cutoff will shuffle the alternate deck of cards, I will take care of the rest. If I am playing, after the deal, the dealer will cut the next deck (it will already be shuffled) on the cut card, give the cut deck and the button to the person to his left, and then collect the cards and shuffle.
(3) If you act out of turn, spill your drink, put your drink on the table, you are required to throw in $1 into the pot (dead money).
(4) We allow unlimited straddling (starting to the right of the big blind and doubling each bet. Thus, first straddle is 2XBB. Second straddle is 4xBB. Third is 8xBB, etc...)
(5) If there is a dispute, the host will make the final ruling on the rules. If the host is in the hand, then the players not in the hand will rule by majority vote.