addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

SFDUG - San Francisco Drupal Users group Message Board Drupal Jobs available › Drupal tutor, 1.5-2hrs per week, $50 to $75 p/h

Drupal tutor, 1.5-2hrs per week, $50 to $75 p/h

A former member
Post #: 1
What: private Drupal tutor
Where: Lower Haight SF
When: 1.5-2hrs on a weekday evening
Pay: $50-$75 per hour

Hello,
I'm looking for a Drupal tutor to work with me once a week for 1.5-2hrs per week. I know there are lots of courses, workshops, and online resources but for personalization and motivation reasons, I would like a private tutor.

Specifically, I'd like to learn Drupal by way of creating a directory-like website from ground zero. Ground zero as in starting at the very beginning with installing Drupal, creating a database, etc.

You would not need to prepare any lesson plans, just be able to guide/assist/instruct as I go through this project. I'm assuming most of it will be about getting acquainted with Drupal, configuring my site with plugins/modules, etc. But once that's all good, I'd like to build one or two modules myself and learn whatever there is to know about that.

My end goal is creating this site I have in mind and being able to manage, change, and customize it. I am not really looking for career/professional development.

I have basic skills in HTML and CSS, but that's the extent of any code I know. I am fluent in Adobe CS though, so I can handle any design needs I might encounter.

If you're interested or have any questions, please contact me via meetup.

Thanks! ::Kristen
M. Chun Ming T.
user 34470832
Oakland, CA
Post #: 62
Hi Kristen,

Watch out for con artists here.I was a victim of a con artist who tutor me but charged me an invoice of
$62,000. I'm kidding you but lucky I have evidence he was a con artists and will be presenting my evidence to the police soon.Never sign anything when he ask you to be your tutor. He is around but I don't want to name his name.

Just be very careful of web developers who are con artists. They can charge you any amount for almost anything. Don't even sign anything even for tutoring or even for web development. it must be lay out in plain sight and also good to have flat fees or pay according to stages of the work or else you could be cheated by these con artists.

Meetup.com should warn people on this.