Come join us for a day-long excursion to the Maryland Renaissance Festival! We had a fantastic time last year, and this year should be even more fun. The Maryland Renaissance Festival was founded over 30 years ago and has grown into one of the most attended ren fairs in the world. Part crafts fair, part food and drink festival, and part entertainment show, this is sure to be a LOT of fun.
- Feel free to invite as many friends as you'd like, but please keep your RSVP and guestcount accurate and up-to-date.*
- Please aim to arrive by 10 AM in front of the ticket booths at the Ren Fest.
- Tickets are $22/per person for the day. Food and drink and any crafts you wish to buy will be additional, of course. If you're carpooling, please pitch in for gas and tolls (if any) with your driver.
- When you RSVP (please RSVP from the meetup website, not the mobile app), please include your guestcount and then hit RSVP. You will then have the option to answer several questions (since these answers are important to coordinating the event, you MUST answer them. To protect your privacy, and to help us centralize information, please answer these in the RSVP questions and not as part of your RSVP comment or a general event comment. The questions include:
- Mobile phone # (your cell # will be kept private, and is solely to help aid in meeting up/logistics/emergencies.);
- Whether you will be carpooling with us, are you willing to drive, and what area are you coming from; Carpools have already been arranged; if you are RSVPing now please plan to arrive independently;
- Whether you are able to stay the whole day;
- Other unique or special circumstances of which you wish us to be aware.
- If you're up for it, we encourage you to dress in costume. Pets are not allowed at the ren fair, tragically. Neither are weapons.
- Please bring cameras with you! You may also want to bring a bag or backpack to carry your purchases. Also, bring ID. Visa/MC/AmEx are accepted for ticket purchases and many vendors. Discover cards appear not to be accepted at the fair. Not all vendors will accept credit cards, either, and we'd strongly advise you to avoid the ATM lines by getting cash in advance (also as a backup in case credit card machines go down).. An umbrella or poncho or light rainjacket is also a great idea. Comfortable footwear and water (although ostensibly beverages aren't permitted inside, you'll want it for the ride) are also suggested. Please observe the festival's rules: No pets, no weapons (even costume), and no non-contract performances are permitted.
- Traffic Alert: ON 9/27 STATE ANNOUNCED 2 LANES CLOSED ON I-97 FROM S. OF BALT. BELTWAY (695) FROM MD174 TO BENFIELD ROAD. SEEK ALTERNATE ROUTE FROM I- 695. THIS IS THE AREA ON I-97 JUST BEFORE YOU REACH THE FESTIVAL EXIT. SUGGEST I-295 S. TO 32 E. TO CROWNSVILLE. CLOSURES TO TAKE EFFECT 9/28 THRU 9/30
*While this is an open event, and guests and friends are welcome, IF you commit to participating in the carpool and fail to show up at the allotted time to depart or return, you will be counted as a no-show. A no-show for a carpool event will result in a 3-month ban on attendance to all our events. If you no-show after committing to drive others in carpool without sufficient advanced notice to make alternative arrangements, then you may be removed from the group (barring special and emergency circumstances, of course). Please make sure to keep your RSVP updated and accurate, and if you need to drop out of carpool, please let us know 48 hours in advance of the trip. Thank you for your cooperation.