Please join us for our winter mixer and karaoke party! If you've enjoyed karaoke in the past, then you already know how much fun this will be, but if the idea fills you with a sense of trepidation or outright terror, don't worry, you won't be forced to sing, but if you do want to give it a try, this will be a safe and private space to do it surrounded by friends. You don't have to be a great singer, just bring fun energy and a willingness to laugh at the situation. We'll have over 2,000 songs to select from!
As our group continues to grow so fast, we've seen so much interest in our events that we've had to limit space at the majority of them, and we've held so many events, that most of our members can't make it out to all of them. It's been a while since our entire group has been able to get together without restrictions or waitlists. A few times a year, we'll be holding special events (such as happy hours, picnics, parties, etc.) so that we can all get together to mingle and socialize and to meet members we may not have shared an event with yet.
Since we are renting karaoke equipment for this event, we are asking that each attendee pay a small cost to help us defray the expenses of the equipment we're renting/buying to make this possible. Please consider that this amount is less than the cost of a movie ticket or the cover charge at most bars. If you'd like to pay online (which we'd appreciate), it will cost $10.61 (the extra 61 cents are to cover 3rd party fees) and you can pay with your PayPal account or a credit/debit card. If you'd prefer to pay at the door, it will cost $10 per person, but we ask that you bring exact change (bills only, no coins please), and please remember to pay for yourself and each of your guests. We will offer refunds for any cancellations up to 10pm the night prior. As always, please keep your RSVP updated and accurate.
- We'll be in a private room at Houlihan's (not the usual book club discussion room, instead walk straight back upon entering to the right of the bar and the left of the hostess' stand).
- There will be a dedicated bar and waitstaff in our party room just for our group. Please remember to tip well.
- To start a tab, you'll need a credit or debit card to cover your drinks and food throughout the evening. You will be able to close out with cash if you wish.
- Houlihan's is putting together some great drink specials for us, so stay tuned for pricing and drink names. Those of you that attended our Halloween Party will remember how fantastic the drinks were!
- You will still be able to order any other drinks you'd like off the normal menu.
- The full menu of food options will be available as well.