|Sent on:||Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:15 AM|
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for building and supporting client web applications using Ruby on Rails. The position works within a development team, taking responsibility for technical design, implementation, and testing. They will work closely with the Technical, Project and QA managers to ensure on time and on quality delivery of websites and applications.
• Involvement in the complete life cycle development of client solution Provide technical guidance to creative teams with respect to possible technical solutions for client projects.
• Evaluating business and creative design requirements to produce estimates and technical designs.
• Interpreting design specifications and producing functional code on test environments as well as client sites.
• Conducting unit tests to verify work independently and also provide quality assurance feedback on system level verification/validation
• Managing development and test environments
• Identifying technical risk and communicating clearly with architecture and project management teams
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 2 years experience designing and building web applications using Ruby on Rails technologies
• Expert knowledge throughout the application stack. Relevant buzzwords that you need to understand some of (order of priority): Rails (3), Ubuntu, Facebook, Mobile Web, HTTP, HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, MySQL, Redis, Chef, Akamai, Varnish, Nginx & Passenger Mogile FS, Mongo DB/solR.
• Understanding of design considerations for highly scalable internet architectures, and high performance user experiences
• Complete understanding of the rails framework and tools
• Excellent object oriented programming and design skills
• Good understanding of Agile development methods.
• Proficiency in software engineering practices and tools, design patterns, version management and build management
• Experience of integrating to SOAP/REST based web services and working with XML and JSON Expert level
• Experience writing unit tests and writing testable code 3 years’ experience reviewing creative design artifacts, and: Producing technical estimates.
• Documenting requirements and producing technical design assets (UML beneficial)
• Beneficial experience: working in a consulting business, retail business, or marketing organization.
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to Nicole at [address removed] and reference JO#NB7294.
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Software and Hardware development Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Sr. Staffing Manager
Mainz Brady Group, Inc.
[masked] direct |[masked] mobile |[masked] fax |
Technology Staffing Agency: in California and Oregon
Learn more | www.mbg.com
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp