addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Robot Developers Group - Bay Area Message Board › Robot-Making "Tutor" for Seven Year Old? (East Bay)

Robot-Making "Tutor" for Seven Year Old? (East Bay)

Remi A.
user 3670948
Oakland, CA
Post #: 3
Hi everyone,

I have a 7 year old son who is passionate about robots and has wanted nothing more throughout his young life than to build one from scratch. He's been given numerous robots as gifts (sophisticated and not) and has created robots from Lego kits with adult supervision. This hasn't scratched his itch one bit to build one from raw materials. I'm not qualified to help him, but I don't want to dim his interest, as it appears much more than fleeting. Is there anyone in the group who is interested in working with a young child to build a working robot as a "tutor" for the love of it or as a paid gig? Do you know of any really good resources for a child this young? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

I hope that this is an appropriate inquiry for this board. Apologies in advance if not.

Thanks!