The San Francisco Scuba Diving Group Message Board Local diving › Rescue diver certification

Rescue diver certification

Yu
user 4404049
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I just crossed over the 50 dive mark =) And wanna take the plunge and attempt the rescue cert.

Any recommendations on which dive shop in the Bay Area would be good? I noticed Diver Dan's has very frequent classes, which is so great for scheduling, but it got only 3 stars on Yelp...

Wallin's got great reviews, but doesn't have any Rescue classes scheduled on its website. =(

Thanks for the recommendations!
Kevin W.
user 11882125
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 6
Sorry for the delay. I had not seen your post. Great that you want to get your rescue! I did my rescue in Monterey at Seven Seas Scuba. I stayed down there over a weekend and did it all then. I enjoyed the class, but the only downside is that the compressor to fill their tanks is in their "classroom" so when they are filling tanks and the compressor kicks on it's really loud. Never taken a class at Diver Dan's so can't comment on that but I like that shop in general. Wallin's had gone out of business but re-launched recently with what seems like limited offerings. I would send them an email though and let them know you are interested in Rescue and maybe they will work with you to try to schedule one? We could post to the meetup and see if anyone else is interested in taking the class? I did it with someone else from meetup and there were others interested at the time but scheduling didnt work out. Let me know and happy to work with you to post as a meetup if you like which will get more response from the group.

-Kevin
David
user 94323382
Fremont, CA
I just crossed over the 50 dive mark =) And wanna take the plunge and attempt the rescue cert.

Any recommendations on which dive shop in the Bay Area would be good? I noticed Diver Dan's has very frequent classes, which is so great for scheduling, but it got only 3 stars on Yelp...

Wallin's got great reviews, but doesn't have any Rescue classes scheduled on its website. =(

Thanks for the recommendations!

Yu,

Did you get your rescue diver cert? I've been thinking about doing this for a while. I'd be curious to hear about the class and how much you liked it.

Dave
Alexandre
user 113697622
San Francisco, CA
Yu, Dave,

Any of you ended up taking the course.

I also want to it!

If have of you still wants to take it, it could be fun to set that up together.

I'd also take any advice on the best places to take it in the city!

Thanks!
Alex