San Francisco Movie Makers Message Board › New Meetup: Holiday Event as we Depart 2012 into 2103

New Meetup: Holiday Event as we Depart 2012 into 2103

Brian S.
user 24869652
Burlingame, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for San Francisco Movie Makers!

What: Holiday Event as we Depart 2012 into 2103
When: Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:00 PM

Price: $15.00 per person

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

LOCATION TO BE ANNOUNCED...

It will be held in downtown San Francisco. I AM SEEKING SUGGESTIONS.....

PLEASE be prepared for a $15 charge at the door UNLESS you have paid your $35/annual fee.

ALL FEES starting as of now are good for 2013.

Please help support the San Francisco Movie makers meetup group for 2013.

Check it out!
A former member
Post #: 8
As far as location ideas in SF, I'm usually at Jillian's for a video game developer's meetup once a month. It's a sports bar in the Metreon that has a big dining room section, pool table section and a smaller bar area. Great place, plenty of parking in the area. It's a good place in a good part of town.

I'm not against the idea of paying $15 for a visit, but I'd like a little more information as to what that fee is used for, because I've gone to many meetups and have never had to pay anything. Usually for networking stuff.
Brian S.
user 24869652
Burlingame, CA
Post #: 10
Awesome.. I will check out the bar... thanks man.. do you have an address..?

As for the fee's, Members will get the profile page on the website and I will interview them in a short video presentation for the page and if you have a film or any kind of work you want to showcase, I will add it to the webcast.

$15 for non members usually covers drinks.. I don't take the cash.. I usually ask for them to purchase a drink for the use of the space.. since we don't. I just want people to be prepared to spend some money if they come.

A former member
Post #: 9
Jillian's is at
175 4th St
San Francisco, CA 94103

I usually get a drink or two at these networking events...common courtesy for the space!