Jay Hill from Lucid Imagination will be presenting: "Seven Deadly Sins of Solr", including;
- Sloth: embrace Solr / Lucene technology, importance of schema definition, leveraging the dismax query parser, buttoning up the JVM settings
- Greed: importance of RAM allocation, physical separation of indexing and searching concerns
- Pride: don't reinvent the wheel!
- Lust: don't forget the operating system!
- Envy: what features do you really need, and how big does that index really need to be?
- Gluttony: importance of schema field configuration, leveraging filter queries
- Wrath: don't rush to production, and don't assume you will never need to reindex your data
Come along for another excellent presentation and Q&A session, this time wholly focused on Apache Solr!