|Sent on:||Monday, October 8, 2012 1:59 PM|
Our client is looking for a strong Sr. Software Engineer. Robust team and great working environment.
Below are the details. If you are interested, please contact me direct.
About Filter: We are known taking care of our talent. We offer benefits (health insurance, 401K, PTO, etc).
Clients include Google, Apple, Fox, MSFT, and more.
Senior Software Engineer
6mos contract @ Studio Lot (Avenue of the Stars)
Top Skills Needed:
Oracle (10g or 11g)
Designs, Develops and Supports applications geared toward automating the Media Production Pipeline for the Digital Asset Management component. Helps to develop and enhance the Media Asset Management layer. Administers security and actively participates in all application upgrades. Trains and mentors other software engineers.
Serves as a key member of application development and upgrade teams.
Education: BA/BS required
• Mastery level knowledge of SOA frameworks, and web services integration via SOAP, XML-RPC etc.
• Mastery level knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Good knowledge of Encoding and Decoding practices and methodologies employed for digital distribution in the M&E space.
• Mastery level knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Programming, with core experience in C/C++, Java etc
• Mastery level knowledge of scripting languages, including but not limited to Perl, csh, etc
• Familiarity with Weblogic/BPM a plus
• Comprehensive knowledge of XML schemas and XML methodologies.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Spring 3/Spring Roo, Hibernate and Apache CXF
• Comprehensive knowledge of deployment strategies of distributed and multi-tiered applications.
• Good knowledge of standard Intranet/Internet services such as Network File System (NFS), Samba, and ftp.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.
• Ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts.
• Minimum 5 years Production experience in a Media infrastructure environment supporting operating systems, Storage Systems and compute farms.
• Experience working with a High Availability Media based Storage Area Network (SAN).
• Experience in Content Management and general Media Asset Management practices.
• Experience working with portal frameworks (.NET/Weblogic), digital asset management systems, web content management systems, or development of a digital library, archive or repository.
• Familiarity with Video Processing, Audio and Video codecs.
1. Participate as a team member with Design and Development
• Applies structured analysis, structured design and structured programming techniques with proficiency.
• Participates in defining current and upcoming workflows
• Designs, develops, documents and maintains code to automate and optimize the production, storage and delivery pipeline.
• Participates in the physical design of data records, data files, Naming conventions and databases.
2. Technology Reviews
• Researches and reviews new software, operating system and 3rd party technologies.
• Evaluates new technologies against competitors and validate the usability of the technology.
• Educates team and management in new technology improvements.
• Works closely with Systems Engineering to establish and audit system and directory service security.
• Works closely with software developers to provide a secure application environment.
4. Project Support
SIERRA KULAK TALENT MANAGER
Connect with me on LinkedIn Facebook Twitter
SEATTLE PORTLAND SAN FRANCISCO LOS ANGELES
This email message originally included an attachment.