Santa Monica Java Users' Group Message Board › Our meetup is next Thursday - Solr 7 Deadly Sins!
A reminder that in one week is May’s installment of the Santa Monica Java User Group. This time we’re going to focus exclusively on Apache Solr with a talk titled “The Seven Deadly Sins of Solr”. In response to member feedback, this talk focuses on what you SHOULDN’T do when using a technology. So the seven sins that we will focus on are:
· Sloth: embrace Solr / Lucene technology, importance of schema definition, leveraging the dismax query parser, buttoning up the JVM settings
· Greed: importance of RAM allocation, physical separation of indexing and searching concerns
· Pride: don't reinvent the wheel!
· Lust: don't forget the operating system!
· Envy: what features do you really need, and how big does that index really need to be?
· Gluttony: importance of schema field configuration, leveraging filter queries
· Wrath: don't rush to production, and don't assume you will never need to reindex your data
This meeting will be held at the Shopzilla offices, 12200 W Olympic Blvd #300, CA 90064.
Don’t forget to say you’re going! http://www.meetup.com/SM-JUG/events/17317913/