The Sunday Night Film Club - DC Chapter Message Board › SNFC-DC: Inception in IMAX @ AMC Hoffman Center 22 at 4:40 pm; meet at 4:15 pm

SNFC-DC: Inception in IMAX @ AMC Hoffman Center 22 at 4:40 pm; meet at 4:15 pm

Craig
CraigInDC
Washington, DC
Please be sure to join the Washington DC Sunday Night Film Club, Sunday, July 25 at 4:15 pm, for "Inception" at AMC Hoffman Center 22 by the Eisenhower Metro Station, on the Yellow Line in Alexandria. Look for Craig, wearing a black baseball cap with an orange P, in the outer lobby about 25 minutes before the film. As always, after the film we will descend on a local establishment - probably Delia's - for dinner/drinks/discussion.

I highly recommend buying your ticket ahead of time as IMAX tickets tend to go fast.

Follow this link to go to movietickets.com to purchase tickets now.

Description adapted from Google:

Dom Cobb is a skilled thief, the absolute best in the dangerous art of extraction, stealing valuable secrets from deep within the subconscious during the dream state when the mind is at its most vulnerable. Cobb's rare ability has made him a coveted player in this treacherous new world of corporate espionage, but it has also made him an international fugitive and cost him everything he has ever loved. Now, Cobb is being offered a chance at redemption. One last job could give him his life back, but only if he can accomplish the impossible -- inception. Directed by Christopher Nolan. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, and Ellen Page.

Learn more here:
SNFC-DC: Inception in IMAX @ AMC Ho…
A former member
Post #: 1
I don't want to get anyone angry here, but I thought I'd let you know that theater is not a true IMAX theater (Big Screen, Amazing Sound)
What IMAX the corporation has been doing over the last several years is modifying regular cineplex theaters and marking up the price. And worst of all, they slap the theater with the IMAX name.
Many people on the internet are calling it Liemax.
You can see on this map, for our metro area, what are IMAX theates(Green) and what are Liemax theaters (Red)
http://maps.google.co...­

BTW the film is very good. But just in case some of you were expecting the big huge imax, that wont be the case.
Don't want to make anyone who is going to pay the extra money to see it in IMAX think they are going to see it on a BIG screen.
Brian F.
BrianGF
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 45
I don't want to get anyone angry here, but I thought I'd let you know that theater is not a true IMAX theater (Big Screen, Amazing Sound)
What IMAX the corporation has been doing over the last several years is modifying regular cineplex theaters and marking up the price. And worst of all, they slap the theater with the IMAX name.
Many people on the internet are calling it Liemax.
You can see on this map, for our metro area, what are IMAX theates(Green) and what are Liemax theaters (Red)
http://maps.google.co...­

BTW the film is very good. But just in case some of you were expecting the big huge imax, that wont be the case.
Don't want to make anyone who is going to pay the extra money to see it in IMAX think they are going to see it on a BIG screen.

I'm not worried about the screen. It's still a pretty stunning experience. Unfortunately, the big IMAX in Chantilly isn't Metro accessible. We thought this was a good opportunity to continue expanding our horizons beyond downtown DC.