Wednesday Night Walk: Petaluma Downtown and Riverfront
* Want to walk for fitness and exercise?
* New to walking and want to build up stamina?
* Like a slower pace than our Tuesday Night Fitness Hike?
* Would walking with a committed group of walkers help you?
If you said yes to any of these, then the Wednesday Night Walk in Petaluma is for you. We start at Aqus Cafe and take in the West Side of town, including some of Downtown, the Waterfront and a few of the Historic home of old Petaluma. We walk about 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 miles depending on weather conditions and the pace of the group that night.
Afterward if you have the time, join us at Aqus Cafe for a bite to eat and some liquid refreshment before heading home. Aqus Cafe is a true gem of a gathering place, restaurant, coffee house, and live music venue. But it's the people on either side of the counter that make this place so special.
- Meetup time: 6:00pm (we hike at 6:10 sharp)
- Meetup location: Aqus Cafe
- Distance: 3.5 to 4-1/2 miles
- Duration: 75-80 minutes
- Pace: Easy/Moderate (about 2.5-3 mph or 20-24 minute miles)
- Difficulty: Easy (if you've walked 3-4 miles recently)
- Hills: Mostly flat with a few small and easy to climb hills
- Optional After-Hike Gathering at Aqus Cafe
WHAT TO BRING:
- A good pair of walking shoes
- Water (you'll be glad you did)
- A fun attitude!
SO HOW FAST ARE WE WALKING?
The Wednesday Night Walk is about 2.5 - 3 mph (20-24 minute miles)
The Tuesday Night Fitness Hike is about 3.5-4 mph (15-17 minute miles)
HOW DO YOU PARTICIPATE?
Sign up with Meetup and RSVP Today! This also gets you on our email list to make you aware of upcoming events, hikes and walks. You will not be spammed. If you are, let me know. Spamming will not be tolerated.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO RSVP?
It's important to RSVP for these walks. When all the people have arrived for a walk that have RSVP'd, we leave... it might mean we leave early. If you didn't RSVP we are not going to wait for you. Plus, it's just a nice courtesy to the organizer and other participants. Please take the time to RSVP.
Email me with any questions by using the "Contact Us" link on the left hand side bar of this meetup group page.
Hope to see you on a walk or hike soon!