1st Wednesday! The Wednesday Night will be on the Petaluma East Side. Meet at Pongo's at the G&G Shopping Center, 701 Sonoma Mountain Parkway.
* Want to walk for fitness and exercise?
* New to walking and want to build up stamina?
* Like a slower pace than our Tuesday Night Fitness Hike?
* Would walking with a committed group of walkers help you?
If you said yes to any of these, then the Wednesday Night Walk in Petaluma is for you. We walk about 4-1/2 miles depending on weather conditions and the pace of the group that night.
Afterward if you have the time, join us at Pongo's for a bite to eat and some liquid refreshment before heading home.
- Meetup time: 6:00pm (we hike at 6:10 sharp)
- Meetup location: Pongo's
- Distance: 3.5 to 4-1/2 miles
- Duration: 75-80 minutes
- Pace: Easy/Moderate (about 2.5-3 mph or 20-24 minute miles)
- Difficulty: Easy (if you've walked 3-4 miles recently)
- Hills: Mostly flat
- Optional After-Hike Gathering at Pongo's
WHAT TO BRING:
- A good pair of walking shoes
- Water (you'll be glad you did)
- A fun attitude!
SO HOW FAST ARE WE WALKING?
The Wednesday Night Walk is about 2.5 - 3 mph (20-24 minute miles)
The Tuesday Night Fitness Hike is about 3.5-4 mph (15-17 minute miles)
HOW DO YOU PARTICIPATE?
Sign up with Meetup and RSVP Today! This also gets you on our email list to make you aware of upcoming events, hikes and walks. You will not be spammed. If you are, let me know. Spamming will not be tolerated.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO RSVP?
It's important to RSVP for these walks. When all the people have arrived for a walk that have RSVP'd, we leave... it might mean we leave early. If you didn't RSVP we are not going to wait for you. Plus, it's just a nice courtesy to the organizer and other participants. Please take the time to RSVP.
Email me with any questions by using the "Contact Us" link on the left hand side bar of this meetup group page.
Hope to see you on a walk or hike soon!