|Sent on:||Monday, November 19, 2012 3:40 PM|
Our December meeting features a pot-luck dinner and end-of-year member’s choice competition, and our annual awards.
Everyone is welcome, including guests. Please take a moment to make sure your RSVP is accurate for this event so we have a good idea how many people to expect. For the pot-luck, when you RSVP, please let us know what you’ll be bringing. It helps with the planning. SPS will supply meat trays, a tasty ham, and soft drinks and coffee, as well as plates, cups, napkins, and utensils. Don’t forget if your plans change and you’re not coming to update your RSVP to reflect that as well.
The member’s choice competition should represent your best work of the year. Here are the rules and procedures:
1. Only paid members are eligible to enter or vote. If you are not a paid member, this is a great time to join! Membership through 2013 is $30 for individuals and $40 for families.
2. The only category is digital projection – no prints.
3. ONE ENTRY PER MEMBER.
4. There is no theme – any subject matter is welcome (don’t forget this is a family event).
5. Your entry may have been seen in competition earlier in the year. It doesn’t matter if you’ve entered it, or if it placed or not. This is your best work of the year.
6. Email your entry to [address removed]. Make sure your file is an attachment, not an embedded image. Due to the large volume of entries for this competition, the 9:00pm Thursday night (12/6) deadline will be strictly adhered to. Be sure to include your name and a title.
7. Size your images for using the normal digital competition procedure: 1920x1080 pixels, jpeg format only. TIFF files and PSD files will be rejected. Be careful your email tool (I’m looking at you, Photoshop Elements) doesn’t resize your image down to what it thinks should be an email size.
8. Images will be projected throughout the meeting. We will lower the lights at some point to give everyone a look in their full glory. Members will receive a ballot with their nametag.
9. A cash prize is awarded to the winner!