Software Quality Association of Denver Message Board › Jobs › Sr. Electrical / Firmware Engineer
Location: Broomfield, CO
ZOLL is the leader for information management in the Emergency Medical Response industry. We have the resources and stability of a large company, but the nimbleness, ambition, and determination of a startup, because we used to be one.
The Sr. Electrical / Firmware Engineer will be part of an innovative and highly motivated team responsible for the design, development, testing, integration and support of the industry-leading driver behavior modification systems, Road Safety.
In this position we are looking for someone who needs very little direction or assistance. This position requires the design of electrical and electronic products as well as the implementation of the firmware residing on them.
The Sr. Electrical / Firmware Engineer will be a resource for the QA staff to help produce test plans to validate product function.
What we are looking for from you:
• Super hero like ability to adapt to whatever is thrown at you.
• Nearly insatiable appetite to solve difficult problems fast.
• A sense of humor, because really, shouldn't this all be fun?
• Self-Starter with the ability to prioritize your schedule in order to make deliverable deadlines.
• Experience in a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment
• Ability to create simple solutions to solve complex problems.
• A demonstrated ability to produce high quality deliverables.
• Design and integrate electrical designs for software / firmware.
• Document design and test data
• Document theory of operation on created designs
• Create printed circuit boards, schematics and bill of materials
• Implementation of embedded firmware for product device utilizing the C language
What we offer:
• Did I mention super hero? Our office is casual enough you could wear a super hero costume, although shorts and flip flops may be more appropriate.
• A trust in your ability to find the best solutions on your own or that you will be given help when you ask.
• Appreciation that the work you do makes us a better company (mostly in the form of a competitive salary and benefits, but could also include cookies).
• Top Workplace – We’re on the Top Workplace List for both 2012 and 2013
• We mean what we say - We're on Forbes list of 100 Most Trustworthy Companies for three consecutive years.
• Stability- We’re on Fortune’s list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to manage multiple priorities
• Strong team player
• Hands on individual contributor with strong work ethic and exceptional attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to read, understand and produce circuit schematics.
• Demonstrated ability to use oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and electronic test equipment.
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office product suite.
• Demonstrated ability to design PCB layouts
• Experience with interfacing with various busses and peripherals such as RS232, SPI, I2C, Flash Memory, etc.
• Experience with cellular modules is a plus but not required
• Experience with CAN bus is a plus
• Experience with Vehicle computer communications(OBDII, J1939) a plus but not required
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at: www.zolljobs.com