SSCUM - St George and Sutherland Commty of Ukulele Musicians Message Board › 'Just Beyond Basics' workshop.

'Just Beyond Basics' workshop.

John C.
user 10040300
Group Organizer
Sydney, AU
Post #: 40
Hi Ukers.
To all you now passionate ukulele players who may have attended my Beginners workshops in recent years or who may know a strum or two and several of the fundamental chords and feel they would like to receive some help to move to another level and add some more interest to their playing armoury, then I am offering a number of short 'Just Beyond the Basics' workshops.

The 'Just Beyond The Basics Workshop' will each cover the following subjects:

1: Improve your strumming choices,
2: Playing your song in two different keys,
3: Chord Inversions - playing the chords of your tune at other places up the neck,
4: Finger picking styles - we will examine two related styles which can really enhance your playing,
5: Melody notes.

This work will be done with one song in particular that you may already know, to allow you to concentrate on the techniques rather than a new tune. It will also give you a nice performance piece with lots of options after practice.
We can then briefly see it work with other tunes. All the workshops will cover each of these same areas.

I am offering a few time choice options to attend this workshop (they are all the same workshop). They each will run for approx 75 minutes:

Saturday 11th August;
1: 9am to 10:15am,
2: 11am to 12:15am,
3: 2pm to 3:15pm,

Sunday 12th August;
1: 10am to 11:15am.

Monday 13th August;
1: 10am to 11:15am. (Great if you are not working).

If you are interested to book into one of these, please let me know asap. Can you give me your desired session plus a second choice session as numbers will be limited to a maximum of 12 persons and your preferred session may fill early.

These will be held at my place at Miranda. Cost is just $25 per person. A very inexpensive 75 minute lesson. To ensure that spots are not left vacant and people missing out, payment details will be advised.

Please note this workshop is not the same as my 3 and a half hour Beginners Stage 2 Follow up Workshop which I run 4 times a year at my place, and which many of you have already attended. This will be more specific and focused on those techniques listed.

So if interested, please advise me with a 1st and 2nd time choice and I will get back to you to confirm arrangements.

Happy Strummin'.
John Chandler.