STL Young Transplants Message Board › Event ideas

Event ideas

Amy
akb06e
Group Organizer
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 3
Thought I would make it easy on y'all and start a thread. Ideas in mind for the next meetup? Post them here!
Philip E.
user 63334682
Granite City, IL
Post #: 2
A night at The Big Bang Piano Bar.
(http://thebigbangbar....­)

It is a dueling piano bar, near the river, where the musicians take requests written on napkins by the audience.
It is a lot of fun.
Philip E.
user 63334682
Granite City, IL
The City Museum is always a fun place to visit as well.
Amy
akb06e
Group Organizer
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 5
Hey gang! I know it's ridiculously hot out right now and that cooler days seem forever away, but I'm starting to plan some fall events now! What would y'all like to do this fall in the Lou?
Kevin C
user 82226342
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
So in the last week, I've had about a half a dozen people suggest checking out Food Truck Friday in Tower Grove Park. The remaining dates for this year are: 8/9, 9/13, 10/4

Any interest?
Ashley R.
user 13472109
Saint Louis, MO
I would highly suggest going to food truck friday, it's very yummy!

However, trying to make it a meetup ends up in disaster. Last summer I attended another group's meetup at FTF, and after an hour, I still hadn't found anyone. It's gotten very popular, and in turn, very crowded :(
A former member
Post #: 278
I would highly suggest going to food truck friday, it's very yummy!

However, trying to make it a meetup ends up in disaster. Last summer I attended another group's meetup at FTF, and after an hour, I still hadn't found anyone. It's gotten very popular, and in turn, very crowded :(
Sounds like it was a bad experience, but might have been driven by poor planning.

I'd say Food Truck Friday would be doable if you meet early and set up camp where you can easily be found by late arrivals. Also signage or balloons, etc. would help locating the group easier as well as updates being posted on an event wall where you are. I am hosting one next month and we are meeting 30 minutes before they event begins - if we have a couple stragglers they should be able to find a large group. Just reminders and stressing to be on time is the key. I've showed up after 5:30pm after driving in from getting off work at 5:00pm and it was just not doable (parking is crazy and lines are already long). Planning on taking off early from work and arriving early is key to attending this great event!