Help support your MeetupChip in
Welcome to our SUP meet-up at the Jersey Shore offered by SUP Nurse Sue since 2010. Our SUP lessons and events are offered by experienced water-safety and SUP certified instructors (ACA, WPA, ASI, PaddleFit, Certified Yoga Instructor [200+ hour], Paddle Yoga) who have provided hundreds of lessons to SUP students. SUP Safety and an amazing experience are our priority!
All SUP programs are designed to 'match' the level of the paddler. Our focus is offering SUP lessons to new/beginner paddlers and intermediate padders. Please inquire about SUP lessons for Ocean SUP/Advanced SUP.
The water-ways we chose are with SUP safety in mind. Our paddle-boards are wide, stable, soft-top or iSUP (inflatable paddle-boards) specifically chosen with the new/beginner or Adaptive paddler.
Our 'Recreational" paddling programs are 'beginner' friendly and restorative with an intention to 'decompress from technological stress'.
The Paddle Fit series entails a comprehensive program to engage your core and paddle more efficiently for SUP race training.
The SUP-therapy program includes: Paddle Yoga (gentle & relaxing Yoga therapy on a paddle board), Adaptive paddling (for those with physical/emotional challenges) and Holistic Life-Coaching therapy on-water.
Brief history of Stand-Up-Paddleboarding (SUP): SUP originated in Polynesia thousands of years ago and mixes the traditional outrigger canoe paddling with surfing. SUP has grown to be a year-round-global-water-sport. The result of this wonderful combination is an amazing body-mind-spirit experience. Most people are 'standing up' in as little a 10-15 minutes!
SUP has grown exponentially and there are many SUP instructors to choose from throughout the Jersey Shore but we hope you choose us for an awesome & safe SUP experience!
Benefits of SUP include:
• Strengthens the core & large muscle groups
• May increase endurance when sprinting or race training
• Beneficial for rehabilitative ESI (Extreme Sports Injuries)
• For those with physical & emotional challenges, an Adaptive-paddling program (offered by SUP Nurse Sue) may provide a positive and joyful experience.
• May help to "decompress from technological stress"!
We have novice to elite paddlers, some enjoy flat-water, others recreational, boat-wake-surfing, ocean-paddle-surfing, SUP-racing or just chillin' out on a hot Jersey Shore Summer day on our diversified waterways! SUP programs offered:
• Private/group SUP lessons
• Paddle Yoga/Paddle-Fit classes
• Adaptive paddling
• Full Moon & SUPrise events
• SUP Eco-tours
• Holistic Life-Coaching-On-Water
Note: Please note, this meet up is for 'active participants' so please don't join "just-to-join" a meet-up.
We require a one-time $9.00 membership fee and a photo of you.
SUP SAFETY is our #1 concern! All participants are required to wear (USCG regulation) personal flotation device/Life Jacket (PFD) and board leash especially if the PFD is tethered to the paddle board vs a Fanny pack PFD. If you are taking a lesson or renting a SUP for our events, the SUP & safety gear is provided.
After joining our meet-up, please choose the SUP program or event that matches your SUP level. The more miles you SUP, the better paddler you will be.
1) SUP 101 designed for the novice/beginner (individual or group instruction). We teach you how to SUP with "beginner" soft-top/inflatable boards by certified SUP instructors.
Includes: SUP 1.25 hour lesson, soft-top beginner board, SUP board leash, PFD, Certified SUP instructor.
2) SUP-Love is our semi-private lesson designed for you & your friend/partner/family member. This is a fun way to learn SUP with someone you know and for a future SUP buddy!
Includes: SUP 1.25 hour lesson, soft-top beginner board, SUP board leash, PFD, Certified SUP instructor.
3) SUP Achiever is comprehensive and guaranteed to build your confidence, become a more proficient paddler as you learn the A-Z of SUP. We cover paddle-stroke analysis, cross-bow and pivot turns, 'walking' on the SUP, improving paddle cadence/tempo, reading the wind/current awareness, proper vehicle mounting/safe vehicle transport, US Coast Guard regulations/water safety, board/gear purchase (demo options) and more.
Includes: 2.5 hour lesson, soft-top beginner board, SUP board leash, PFD, Certified SUP instructor.
** Must schedule (3) pre-paid sessions in advance
4) Paddle Yoga is designed by SUP Nurse Sue who is a Holistic RN certified by Yoga Alliance for both land & water yoga. Picture yourself in a serene setting as you free your mind ~ feel your body floating on a yoga mat and experience Water as an element to decompress from technological stress! Beginners welcome but we request basic SUP experience to join us in our Water Studio.
** Requirement: Participants should be engaged in an active Yoga mat practice and have basic SUP 101 skills. Our instructors are SUP, Paddle Yoga and Yoga Alliance certified. Paddle Yoga boards are designed for your safety & comfort.
5) SUPer-Fit n Lean is our combo peddle, paddle and beach-run series designed for woman. SUP interval-training is a great way to increase endurance, SUP race train, body sculpt and more.
Paddle [3-5 miles] Peddle [Bike 5-10 miles] Beach Run/Walk [2-4 miles] <br>
Classes are by appointment and include a Holistic Health Consultation. "http://www.susancastiglia.com
6) SUPg the Four Seasons in New Jersey ~ Come experience Nature!
Summer SUPg in New Jersey is The place to experience all types of waterways whether it is be North, South, East or West!
These excursions are typically 5-10 mile flat-water paddle excursions to 'welcome in' the 'transition" of New Jersey's four-season climate changes.
Join us and 'experience' Nature as the flowers bloom in Spring which to "spring us forward" for SUMMERTIME SUP! As the Summer breezes flow, we depart downwind in pleasure! The smell of Fall and the leaves changing invites us 'back' to restore ourselves. Winter paddles defy "cabin fever" and are most refreshing, quiet, serene experiences on water plus lots of fun as we traverse the ice-patches and witness snow fall!
Bring your water-proof camera!
7) Holistic Life Coaching on water is a leisurely paddle to a quiet cove where you experience 'on board' Chakra-balancing, paddle-Yoga, silent Meditation/intention paddle, listen to the Red-Wing-Black-Birds, Swans, Egrets, Ducks/ducklings and Unplug from Technological Stress!
This experience is about Your inner journey to re-connect and create a 'new' path for Your life...
KarmaSUP Community Outreach for Autism, Global Alliance for the Environment, AMVETS/Wounded Warrior/Adaptive Paddling programs, Animal Rights Events and more…
Note: We can accommodate large groups with advance notice and classes are offered July through September at various locations.
On-line Waiver Form/Member Information" for Stand Up Paddle lesson/Paddle Yoga/Paddle Fit/SUP Tours/SUP Events:
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement: Participation in group activities is strictly voluntary and members assume all risks in connection with Meetup activities; per the Meetup.com's Terms of Service Agreements and this Risk and Liability amendment, group organizers, assistant organizers and event leaders are released from any and all forms of liability related to Meetup events. Additionally, participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Any on board animals will assume same risk and liability.
The activities from this meet up can involve certain dangers and as a result, each member is ultimately responsible for their own safety. SUP/SUP Yoga/ SUP Fitness/SUP Endurance training/SUP Tours/SUP Events and other SUP related activities can involve certain dangers and as a result, each member is ultimately responsible for their own safety. No liability is assumed by any member of this meet-up who participates in non meet-up SUP events or SUP sponsors soliciting products or services from this meet-up.
The undersigned, ________________/voluntarily makes and grants this Release of Liability,Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement in favor of Jersey Shore Holistic Stand Up Paddleboarding, Yoga, Fitness and Holistic Life Coaching-on-Water d.b.a Holistic Care Services, LLC (Seller) as for the opportunity to use the Stand Up paddle equipment, materials and/or other assets of seller; and/or to receive assistance, training, guidance, tutelage and/or instruction from the personnel of Seller; and/or to engage in the activities, events, and/or gatherings by Seller;
I do hereby waive and release any and all claims whether in contract or of personal injury, bodily injury, property damage, damages, losses and/or death that may rise from my aforementioned use or receipt, as I understand and recognize there are certain risks and dangers, and perils connected with such use and/or receipt to include:
1. Changing water flow, tides, currents, wave action, and boat/ship’s wake
2. Collision with any of the following: a) other participants b) the stand up paddleboard c) other standup paddleboards d) manmade or natural objects
3. Wind Shear, inclement weather, lightening, variances and extremes of wind, weather and temperature
4. My sense of balance, physical condition, ability to operate standup paddleboard, swim/follow directions
5. Collision, capsizing, sinking, or other hazard that may result in wetness, injury, exposure to the elements, hypothermia, impact of the body upon the water, injection of water into my body orifices and/or drowning
6. The presences of insects and marine life forms
7. Equipment failure or operator error
8. Heat or sun-related injuries or illnesses including sunburn, sunstroke or dehydration
9. Fatigue, chills and/or decreased reaction time and increased risk of accident
I specifically acknowledge that I have read and agree to abide by the Jersey Shore Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Yoga, Fitness and Holistic Life Coaching-on-Water d.b.a Holistic Care Services, LLC, operational instruction at all times and that I have been trained in water-safety and equipment associated with Stand Up Paddle/Yoga/Fitness/Endurance Training/Tours/Events in which I am about to engage.
I specifically waive and defense insofar as this contract is concerned that may arise as a result if any state or local law and/or regulations or policy that my impact is enforceable.
I hereby acknowledge have been fully explained to me and which I fully understand, and which I nevertheless accept, assume and undertake after inquiry and investigation of extent, duration, and completeness wholly satisfactory and acceptable to me. I further agree to use my best judgment in undertaking these activities, use and/or receipt and faithfully adhere to all safety instructions and recommendations, whether oral or written.
I hereby certify that I am a competent adult assuming these risks of my own free will, being under no compulsion or duress. This Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement is effective and inclusive, and may not be revoked, altered, amended, rescinded or voided without the express prior consent of Seller.
I have read this agreement, understand it, and agree to be bound by it.
U.S. Coast Guard Regulations apply to all members of this meet-up as follows:
Code of Federal Regulation pertaining to PFD Wear Exemptions:
Currently, SUPs are considered a vessel when operated outside of a designated swim area or a surf zone. On federal waters outside of those two areas, SUPs must meet the U.S. Coast Guard carriage requirements for a vessel. A brief overview is that there must be one lifejacket on board and readily accessible for each adult, noting that if you use an inflatable, it must be worn to meet the requirement. You must carry an appropriate sound producing device (usually a whistle) and in low light conditions you must have an appropriate light.
-Source: American Canoe Association
Personal Flotation Devices: According to U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) rules and regulations: Wearing Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) is mandatory in New Jersey when SUPS. Please know that USCG fines in excess of $250.00 can be incurred. For your personal safety, we provide PFD gear for SUP students.
Follow US on Facebook & Twitter (SUP Holistic) via Susan Castiglia/Jersey Shore Holistic Stand Up Paddle and Yoga!
For more information contact Susan @ (732)503-9275
** THINK CHRISTMAS!! GIFT CERTIFICATES available for SUP SEASON 2015!
Complementary "Holistic Health" Consultation ~Call today~
SUP boards & gear~serving the USA. Located in Southern Ocean County.
SUP discounts offered to members!
Isagenix: nutritional products to fortify/cleanse your SUP'in body!
FREE nutritional program designed for the SUP Athlete~ (609)333-0341